Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Folks Who Accomplish Great Works: My Friend

A great man just FaceBooked me! We worked together in his community several years back and I consider his actions to be "the" essential example of how important personal and social commitment is to the well being and growth of small rural communities. My job in economic development has given me the opportunity to view diverse communities that just can't keep it together. I have seen them struggle, fight and put more energy into self aggrandizing projects built upon a culture of personality based agendas than I care to remember. However, there is hope. When great women and men decide to lay aside the personal for the collective... miracles happen! I am glad to know my friend Dave. He is one of those unsung heroes who I hope will continue to live and work and serve in our towns, our cities, and our nation.

No comments: